Your BBQ ribs, chicken and brisket have already made you a hero amongst your friends and family. Add this easy to prepare desert recipe to your repertoire to demonstrate that anything cooked in an oven can be just as good on your grill! This recipe for peach cobbler only has a few ingredients that you can quickly put together in your Dutch oven.
To keep everything simple, I set up my MAK 1 Star Pellet grill to cook at 350 degrees. I put the cobbler in and let it cook without a lid for 90 minutes. Then I checked it to see if the top was brown all over. Mine wasn’t quite ready after 90 minutes so I put the lid on the Dutch oven and let it cook for another 30 minutes.
The end result was a sweet and tart desert that my family loved. Give this recipe a try and share the video with your friends!
- 2 cans of peach pie filling
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 stick of non-salted butter
- Ground Cinnamon
1) Open the cans of peach pie filling and pour them into the Dutch oven.
2) Spread the cake mix evenly over the top of the peaches.
3) Cut the stick of butter into slices and lay the pats of butter all over the top of the cake mix.
4) Lightly sprinkle the ground cinnamon on top.
5) Setup the smoker to cook at 350 degrees. I recommend using a fruit wood for the smoke flavor like cherry,
6) Let the cobbler cook without a lid for 90 minutes, then check for doneness. The top of the cobbler should be a light brown color all over. If the cake mix is still pale, then the cobbler needs to continue cooking.
7) If necessary, put the lid on the Dutch oven and cook for another 30 minutes. Check again for doneness.
Keywords: barbeque, barbecue, BBQ, recipe, pelltet grill, pellet smoker, howtobbqright, food, peach cobbler, cooking, grilling, peaches, deserts, recipes, cobbler, deserts on the grill, grill, how to, grilled, deserts on the smoker, tasty, summer desert, cinnamon, pie, pitmaster, chef, smoker, cook, food channel, cooking channel, recipe video, food tv, cooking shows, summer recipes, grilling recipes, best bbq, MAK, MAK 1 Star General, MAK pellet grill, Traeger