Kenyatta joins Mommy Lala, who lives in the Philippines, on her Mommy Guide, Inc. show to discuss the important things to consider when getting started with barbecue including:
- What sparked Kenyatta’s interest in learning how to barbecue
- The event that led to the formation of the Backyard SmokeMaster BBQ channel on YouTube
- Is there a difference between a “grill” and a “smoker”?
- The temperature difference between “smoking” and “grilling”
- How cooking barbecue is similar to cooking inside with an oven or stovetop
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different rubs, seasonings and marinades
- Why it is important to learn how to control the temperature of your grill or smoker
- Why it is important to prepare for your cook in advance
- What is a rub?
- Safety considerations
- Why everyone needs an instant read thermometer
- Why letting your food “rest” is important
- Be patient with the barbecue process and with yourself and take notes about what happened during the cook
Kenyatta also talked Lala through the process for smoking a turkey breast which can be a great alternative to smoking a whole turkey for the holidays.
Subscribe and listen to the full episode on your favorite podcast player or you can listen below!
Get a jumpstart on your new BBQ journey! Visit https://pages.backyardsmokemaster.com/1 and I will share a short video that explains the 5 things that you SHOULD NOT DO when barbecuing. It will make learning how to BBQ much easier!